Almond Joy Cake is all the delicious flavor of an Almond Joy candy bar without the melted mess!
Since candy bars don’t ship overseas well so I have made it my mission to come up with recipes for mason jar cakes that have all the flavor our favorite candy bars! For my first mission I’ve transformed an almond joy candy bar into a shippable cake and I am super excited to be sharing my almond joy mason jar cake recipe over at Happy Fit Navy Wife.
My Almond Joy cake is an almond cake with shredded coconut and chocolate chips hidden inside. For this recipe I used a box cake for the base, which makes this recipe both quick and easy! As a military spouse I feel I have conquered the art of packing a care package. As much as I would love to spend hours in the kitchen making baked goods for my husband, friends, and family that are deployed, life doesn’t always allow for that; because of that quick and easy just so happen to be two of my favorite words when it comes to baking!
For directions and tips for making this cake visit my guest post over at Happy Fit Navy Wife.
- 1 Box Cake
- 1 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Shaved Coconut
- 2 teaspoons Almond Extract
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Mix together the cake mix along with the water, oil, eggs, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
- Once mixed well stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray the mason jars with cooking spray and fill half way with cake batter.
- Add a sprinkle of the shaved coconut and top with just enough cake batter to cover up the coconut.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45minutes, until cooked throughout.
- This will make roughly 8 (8oz) mason jar cakes.
I like to send care packages with themes. I was thinking the Almond Joy mason jar cake would go great in a movie night themed pacakage. Along with a new movie, popcorn, and other movie snacks. What would you add a care package filled with almond joy cakes?
Now that I’ve completed my first mission I look forward to continuing my mason jar cake adventures and would love to hear from all of you! What flavor(s) would your love ones to like to receive in a mason jar cake?